CFAES Give Today

Department of Agricultural, Environmental, and Development Economics


Undergraduate FAQs

We've collected answers to some of the most common questions undergraduate students have and we hope you'll find them helpful. If you don't find the answer you're looking for, email us at

current scholarship opportunities

FARM CREDIT MID-AMERICA SCHOLARS: This program awards $5,000 in scholarship support over a two year period. It has built-in leadership and financial development workshops as well.   We’re looking for the next generation of leaders – leaders who want to make a difference in the field of agriculture -  to be members of our 2021-22 cohort.  The typical candidate is a rising sophomore or rising junior in the fall of 2021, pursuing a degree in agriculture from a university within our four-state footprint (IN, OH, KY and TN). A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required.  This program awards $5,000 in scholarship support over a two year period. It has built-in leadership and financial development workshops as well. We also offer $1,500 scholarships to students attending accredited two- or four-year colleges, universities or vocational/trade schools. Recipients of our CUSTOMER AGRICULTURAL SCHOLARSHIP must be children or grandchildren of Farm Credit Mid-America customers pursuing careers supporting the agricultural industry. Applications can be found HERE  click here. Deadline to apply is December 31, 2020.  Direct questions to: or 502-494-5713.
Cargill Global Scholars Program: A distinctive, two-year scholarship program that provides financial support to undergraduate students in Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Russia, and the United States. Ohio State University is one of only 13 schools across the United States whose students are eligible to apply. This opportunity is open to students who are currently enrolled full-time as freshman, sophomores, and students who are technically juniors, but will not graduate until sometime between May 2023 and August 2024. In addition to a $2,500.00 scholarship for each year of the program ($5,000.00 total), Cargill Global Scholars participate in two fully-funded leadership seminars – one with their fellow U.S. Scholars, and one with Scholars from all six program countries – and receive one-on-one mentorship from Cargill employees. The application deadline is Thursday, March 4, 2021. There are two webinars in November where students can learn more about the program and hear from program participants and alumni about their experience: Thursday, November 12, 6:00 PM Central Time and Monday, November 23, 3:00 PM Central Time.

how do i apply for graduation?

It is recommended that students apply to graduate 3 semesters before their anticipated graduation date.
Visit for general information.
Agribusiness and Applied Economics students must fill out this Graduation Application.
EEDS must fill out this Graduation Application.

how do i calculate my gpa?

Use this GAP Calculator.

how do i contact my department advisor?

If you are in the Agribusiness and Applied Economics major, your advisor is Kassie Kurzhals
Katie Miller is the AEDE academic advisor for EEDS.

how do i view my degree audit?

To view your degree audit, you will need to sign into your Buckeyelink account, and then follow the directions listed here.

how do i find schedule planner?

To view Schedule Planner, you will need to sign into your Buckeyelink account, and then follow the directions listed here.

how do i get my internship approved/apply for internship credits?

In order to receive credit for your internship, you will need to enroll in FAES 3191 (a 0-credit course) that you will take during your internship and AEDE 3191 (a 2-credit course) that you will take the semester after you complete your internship.
To enroll in these courses, please contact Dr. Parkman for permission to enroll.
For more information on internship requirements and/or FAES and AEDE 3191, see this packet.
If you have questions about whether or not your internship will count for AEDE internship credit, email Kassie Kurzhals or Dr. Parkman
*If you have questions/concerns about your internship related to COVID19, please contact Kassie Kurzhals or Dr. Parkman ASAP*.

Which courses do i need to take to fulfill the agribusiness and applied economics major?

If you enrolled at OSU before summer 2020, see this Curriculum Sheet and this Flow Chart for information on courses are necessary to complete the major. 
If you enrolled at OSU on or after summer 2020, see this Curriculum Sheet and Flow Chart.

how do i stay on track for graduation?

Some courses need to be taken in a sequence. (For example, AEDE 2001 needs to be taken before AEDE 3101 which needs to be taken before AEDE 4106.)
Prioritizing courses during scheduling will be helpful for maintaining your graduation timeline.
Please contact your advisor for additional questions/clarification around this.

how does grade forgiveness work?

Undergraduate students may complete a Grade Forgiveness Petition and should read all of the instructions prior to submiting their request. 

where do i find my minor course list?

For minors within CFAES, view the minor course list.
For Minors outside of CFAES, view this minor course list. 

Other Important Student Resources