Outreach for the Farm Income Enhancement Program
The Farm Income Enhancement Program, led by Ani Katchova, provides research-based outreach to the agricultural community and stakeholders in Ohio and nationwide. The outreach program is focused on agricultural economic issues affecting Ohio and US agriculture, currently working in the following three primary areas:
- Farm Income and Wealth
- Farmland Values and Cash Rents
- CAUV Values for Agricultural Land
- Farm Financial Stress and Bankruptcies
Outreach program includes:
- Agricultural Policy and Outlook Conference presentation on Ohio farm financial conditions and outlook on farm income and assets, farmland values and cash rents, and farm financial stress and bankruptcies (2016 and 2017) and farm transitions, farm entry and exit, and farm growth for young and beginning farmers (2015).
- Congressional briefing on Farm Income and Profitability organized by C-FARE and AAEA (2016)
- Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago (2016) and USDA Ag Outlook Forum (2017) presentations on farm financial stress and farm banrkuptcies
- OSU Farm Science Review (2017) presentations on current farm conditions vs. the 1980s and on Ohio's CAUV program.
- Media mentions in Columbus Dispatch, Ohio's Country Journal, Feedstuffs, etc.
Katchova can be contacted on issues related to farm income and finance, farm financial stress, and land values and other related agricultural economics topics.