Ohio State’s College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences held its annual recognition banquet on April 7, 2016 at the Ohio Union on the Ohio State campus. The event was a celebration of the outstanding accomplishments of the college’s students, student groups, faculty, staff and supporters.
We congratulate the following winners from AEDE who were recognized for their achievements at the event, including undergraduate students in the Agribusiness and Applied Economics and Environment, Economy, Development, and Sustainability (EEDS) programs
- Gina Hnytka, Program Manager for the EEDS major and AEDE’s undergraduate and graduate programs, was recognized with the Outstanding Service to Students Award. She was nominated for the award by students in the SUSTAINS (Students Understanding Sustainability and Taking Action to Improve Nature and Society) Learning Community. SUSTAINS targets Ohio State undergraduate students who are interested in the environment. Hnytka is one the founders of the community and currently oversees the group’s programming.
- Miranda Miser, an Agribusiness and Applied Economics and Agricultural Communication student from Cumberland, OH, was awarded the Ray A. Miller Council Scholarship.
- Derek Rieman, an Agribusiness and Applied Economics student from Ottawa, OH, was awarded the CFAES Internship Award.
- John Bolte, from Dublin, OH, and Emily Ratliff, from Greenfield, OH, who are both students in the Agribusiness and Applied Economics program, were recognized as Outstanding Seniors.
- Cheryl Fladung, an EEDS student from Somerset, OH, was recognized as a Year Two Newcomb Scholar.
- Annaliese Koontz, an EEDS student from Cincinnati, OH, and Mara Momenee, an EEDS student from Toledo, OH, were recognized as Year Three Newcomb Scholars.
- Sammie Keitlen, an EEDS student from Evergreen, CO, was recognized as a Year Four Newcomb Scholar.
Congratulations to all of the college's winners, and in particular to AEDE’s staff and student winners. You make us proud for your dedication and commitment to the department, the college and your studies!
Photo: (Left to right) Matthew Griffin (EEDS major and SUSTAINS Learning Community member); Maggie Borders (Environmental Science major and SUSTAINS Learning Community member); Gina Hnytka; and Aaron Moore (Residence Hall Director for SUSTAINS Learning Community) at the April 7th CFAES annual recognition banquet. Hnytka, an AEDE staff member, was awarded the Outstanding Service to Students Award.