This article was originally published on the website of OSU's College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences.
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Growers and producers will find that despite the fact that cropland in Ohio increased in value in 2012 and 2013, those values are expected to remain flat or even decline in 2014, an economist from Ohio State University’s College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences (CFAES) said.
Barry Ward, production business management leader for Ohio State University Extension, spoke Nov. 25 during the college’s kickoff of its 2013-2014 Agricultural Policy and Outlook series. The event initiates a series of local meetings to be held statewide through the end of the year.
- Carl Zulauf, a farm policy expert who will discuss differences in the U.S. House and Senate versions of the Farm Bill
- Mark Partridge, a regional economics expert who will discuss the outlook for economic growth in Ohio and the U.S. for 2014
- Ian Sheldon, an international trade expert who will discuss the changing economy of China and the impact on its role in the global economy
- Brent Sohngen, an environmental economist who will discuss new models for managing phosphorus emissions
- Cameron Thraen, a dairy expert who will discuss Farm Bill dairy safety net alternatives
- Matt Roberts, a grain economist who will discuss his outlook for the 2014 grain market
- Dec. 12 from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Fisher Auditorium at the Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center, 1680 Madison Ave. in Wooster
- Dec. 12 from 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Bellevue VFW Hall, 6104 U.S. Route 20, in Bellevue
- Dec. 13 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the MetroParks Farm, 7574 Columbiana-Canfield Road in Canfield
- Dec. 16 at 10 a.m. at the Fraternal Order of Eagles Club, 400 East Lake Drive in Ashland
- Dec. 16 at 4:30 p.m. at the Attica Fairgrounds, Social Hall, 15131 E. Township Road 12 in Attica
- Dec. 17 at 5:30 p.m. at the Miami Valley Career Technology Center, 6801 Hoke Road in Clayton
- Dec. 18 from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. at the Circleville Presbyterian Church, 134 E. Mound St. in Circleville
- Dec. 18 from noon to 4 p.m. at the OSU Extension office, 111 Nelson Ave., in Wilmington
- Dec. 18 from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Union County Services Building, 940 London Ave., in Marysville
- Dec. 19 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Wood County Fairgrounds, Junior Fair Building, 13800 West Poe Road in Bowling Green
- Dec. 19 from 5:30 to 9 p.m. at the Jewell Community Center, 7900 Independence Road, in Jewell
- Dec. 20 from 8 to 10 a.m. at the Fairfield County Agriculture Center, 831 College Ave. in Lancaster