By: Miles Baker
On February 22, 2023, the Masters of Applied Economics program hosted their annual job market panel. This panel is meant for students in the masters program to meet and ask questions to potential employers, and past employers. Every year this panel seems to extend more and more with students graduating and finding their career path. This year empoyers from across Ohio and beyond came to discuss with current graduate students.
This year the employers who attended included:
- JP Morgan Chase (represented by the Executive Director of Portfolio Risk Modeling the Executive Director in Quantitative Modeling and two recently hired AEDE students)
- Huntington National Bank (Senior Vice-President and Risk Analytics Managing Director)
- Nationwide (Senior Economist)
- The US Department of the (Data Management Policy Specialist)
- Dairy Farmers of America (Commodity Risk Management Analyst)
- Caribou (Analytics Lead)
- Defector (Head of Subscription Strategy and Analytics)
Every year students gain insights and ask questions to those who are in the field. Administrative Associate, SSI Coordinator, Miroslava Marshall said that she found the presenters gave her some inside information that she wouldn't have been able to find anywhere else.
"I do appreciate the effort the department is making to help students ahead of time and prepare them for what's to come.
The most valuable part for me was the people attending the event. They did give us friendly advice, were easy to talk to, willing to answer all questions. I would say that this is one of the most important and difficult part of organizing the event - to find the correct presenters."- Miroslava Marshall.