Applying for admission to AEDE’s graduate programs requires completion of Ohio State’s Graduate and Professional Admissions online application. A Masters degree is not required for admission to apply to the PhD Program. Students whose undergraduate degrees are not in economics or business are welcome to apply as well.
Recommended admissions criteria
- Minimum 3.3 undergraduate G.P.A. on a 4.0 scale, Minimum 3.5 graduate G.P.A. on a 4.0 scale (if grad coursework has been taken)
- GRE (Quantitative 163, Verbal 15)
- TOEFEL (International applicants are also required to take unless they are citizens of Australia, Belize, British Caribbean, British West Indies, Canada (except Quebec), England, Guyana, Ireland, Liberia, New Zealand, Scotland, Wales, or the United States, or if, prior to enrolling at Ohio State, they will have earned a bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university in one of those countries.)
- Prerequisite Courses: Intermediate Microeconomic Theory, Intermediate Macroeconomic Theory, Differential and Integral Calculus and Mathematical Statistics
The above criteria are only recommended in addition to the minimum standards required by Ohio State Graduate and Professional Admissions.
Autumn 2023 Application Timeline
August 1, 2022 | Application Portal opens for submission.
December 2, 2022 | Deadline for full consideration of admission and funding.
- Statement of purposes explaining why applicant wants to be in the PhD program
- Three recommendations (applicant provides contact information, and Ohio State contacts recommendors directly)
- Official Transcript(s) from all institutions where applicant has earned college credit
- GRE test scores
- TOEFL required for certain international applicants
Applicants should ensure they have all documentation and contact information ready prior to starting the online application.
Questions? We are here to help. Contact AEDE Graduate Admissions and Services below for questions about the PhD application process.
AEDE Graduate Admissions and Services
AEDEGradServices@osu.edu | 614-292-7911
Ohio State Graduate and Professional Admissions
firstname.lastname@example.org | 614-292-9444