Applying for admission to AEDE’s graduate programs requires completion of Ohio State’s Graduate and Professional Admissions online application, regardless of program. When selecting a program, you will want to select APPECON-MO for the Master of Applied Economics.
August 1st Application Opens
December 15th Application deadline to be considered for potential scholarships, review begins
January Application decisions released on a rolling basis
May 31st Final application deadline
Submit Supporting Documentation (Please do not submit writing samples or copies of papers outside of your application. They will not be considered as part of the Admissions Process)
Graduate and Professional Admissions and AEDE require the following documentation to consider your application complete.
- Statement of Purpose*
- “Why do I want to be in the Master of Applied Economics Program?”
- Three Letters of Recommendation*
- The application will ask for contact information. The Graduate and Professional Admissions Office will send them a notification for recommendation.
- Transcripts must be from all institutions where college credit was earned
- Standardized Tests (OSU Graduate Admissions ETS Code is 1592)
- TOEFL (for international students)
*Will be submitted as part of the online application.
The Department of Agricultural, Environmental, and Development Economics does not impose additional requirements Graduate and Professional Admissions criteria, but recommends the following:
- 3.1 Cumulative Undergraduate GPA on a 4.0 Scale, or equivalent
- TOEFL (International)
- Minimum of 79 on Internet-based test
- Minimum of 213 on the computer-based test
- Minimum of 550 on paper-based test
- Recommended Undergraduate Coursework:
- Intermediate Microeconomics
Student Services Program Manager, Department of Agricultural, Environmental and Development Economics
firstname.lastname@example.org | (614) 292-6432
Graduate and Professional Admissions
email@example.com | 614-292-9444