Applying for admission to AEDE’s graduate programs requires completion of Ohio State’s Graduate and Professional Admissions online application, regardless of program. When selecting a program you will want to select AEDECON-PH for the PhD Program.
Deadlines for Funding:
Funding consideration will be given to both domestic and international applicants who submit application by December 15th. Applications submitted after the deadline above will be considered for admission, but may not receive consideration for funding.
Submit Supporting Documentation
Graduate and Professional Admissions and AEDE require the following documentation to consider your application complete.
Please do not submit writing samples or copies of papers outside of your application. They will not be considered as part of the Admissions Process.
- Statement of Purpose*
- Three Letters of Recommendation*
- The application will ask for contact information. The Graduate and Professional Admissions Office will send them a notification for recommendation.
- Transcripts must be from all institutions where college credit was earned
- Standardized Tests (OSU Graduate Admissions ETS Code is 1592)
- TOEFL (for international students)
*Will be submitted as part of the online application.
The Department of Agricultural, Environmental, and Development Economics does not impose additional requirements Graduate and Professional Admissions criteria, but recommends the following:
- 3.3 Undergraduate GPA on a 4.0 Scale
- 3.5 Graduate GPA on a 4.0 Scale (If graduate coursework has been taken)
- Quantitative 163
- Verbal 150
- TOEFL (International)
- 100 on Internet-Based Test or
- 250 on Computer-Based Test
- Prerequisite Courses:
- Intermediate Microeconomic Theory
- Intermediate Macroeconomic Theory
- Differential and Integral Calculus
- Mathematical Statistics
All applicants are required to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
International applicants are also required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), unless they are citizens of Australia, Belize, British Caribbean, British West Indies, Canada (except Quebec), England, Guyana, Ireland, Liberia, New Zealand, Scotland, Wales, or the United States, or if, prior to enrolling at Ohio State, they will have earned a bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university in one of those countries.
Recruitment and Admissions Coordinator, Department of Agricultural, Environmental and Development Economics
Lugar.email@example.com | (614) 292-3599
Graduate and Professional Admissions
firstname.lastname@example.org | 614-292-9444