Environmental Policy and Outlook Conference
Thank you for joining us for the 2018 Environmental Policy and Outlook Conference at the 4H Center.
Below are the presentation slides and webinar links for the presenters.
Water Quality: Pathways to Sustainability
9:00am - Keynote: Gail Hesse, National Wildlife Federation: “Lake Erie: Finding Smart, Realistic, Sustainable Solutions for a Healthy Lake”
9:45am - Professor Allen Klaiber: "The Economic Impacts of Harmful Algal Blooms"
10:10am- Professor Brent Sohngen: “How Much Could it Cost to Meet a 40% Reduction in Phosphorus Emissions in the Western Lake Erie Basin?”
11:00am - Panel:
- Karl Gebhardt, Deputy Director for Water Resources, Ohio Environmental Protection Agency
- Kristy, Meyer, Vice President of Natural Resources Policy, Ohio Environmental Council
- Yvonne Lesicko, Vice President, Public Policy, Ohio Farm Bureau
Energy: Economics and Policy of Renewables and Climate Change
1:00pm - Keynote: Beth Trombold, Commissioner, Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO): “Change is Coming to How You Use Power"
1:45pm: - Dave Sims, Avangrid Renewables LLC: "Renewable Energy Markets"
2:30pm - Scott Weaver, AEP: “AEP’s Clean Energy Future”
3:00pm - Panel – What should the future of energy in Ohio be? How do we get there?
- Senator Bill Beagle
- Trish Demeter, Vice President of Policy - Energy, Ohio Environmental Council
- Michael Shelton, Associate Director for the Office of Energy and Environment, The Ohio State University