Our return to offices/campuses plans balance reopening in-person activities while weighing risk and safety. Read more on CFAES Return to Offices and Campuses.
Student and Learning Support
2020 graduate and 2021 summer commencement
- The university announced plans for the 2020 Graduate Celebration and summer commencement in August. The 2020 Graduate Celebration will be held in Ohio Stadium Aug. 7 at 7:30 p.m. Summer commencement will take place Aug. 8 at 2 p.m. in the Schottenstein Center. Tickets are not required, and graduates and guests will be able to enjoy the events with limited health and safety protocols. People vaccinated against COVID-19 are not required to wear masks; however, consistent with university requirements, unvaccinated people must wear masks at all times, including while on campus. More details, including speakers, will be announced soon.
What about advising and student engagement?
Will we have access to the Ag Admin Building or the AEDE’s 250A Administrative Suite?
There is limited access to the Agricultural Administration Building at this time. The library, cafe, and some offices are open. In-person meetings are available by appointment, to ensure safety of all involved.
CFAES has several college transition teams actively synthesizing university guidance to localize for CFAES departments and Units.
To help organize the information, we have created a website for CFAES Return to Offices and Campuses.
columbus campus summer 2021 weekly student testing
Ohio State is making plans for a safe and healthy summer term, and we want you to be prepared to do your part. Because you are enrolled in courses during the summer term, you will need to complete weekly COVID-19 testing. The Jesse Owens North testing facility’s summer hours are: Monday/Tuesday 1:30 - 5:30pm, Wednesday/Thursday 8:30am - 1:30pm, Friday 9:30am - 12:30pm. Closed Saturday/Sunday.
Students can plan ahead and schedule their testing appointment each week using MyChart. Instructions for scheduling in MyChart can be found at go.osu.edu/MyChartInstructions.
If you will be taking all virtual courses and can verify that you will not be physically on campus or interacting with other campus community members for any reason during the summer term, you can submit an exemption for testing at go.osu.edu/shsexemption. Exemptions take 3-7 business days to process. Information about your exemption can be found by checking your Ohio State email inbox. If you have questions about the COVID-19 testing program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. More information can be found on the Safe and Healthy Buckeyes website.
How can I access University COVID- Related information and resources?
Resources for students and https://wexnermedical.osu.edu/features/coronavirus/staff-and-students.
Students can use the Counseling and Consultation Service (CCS) and the Buckeye Peer Access Line (PAL), which operates Monday through Thursday from 8 p.m. to midnight, and Friday from 2 to 6 p.m. CFAES COVID-19 Resources and Best Practices
For up-to-date information on University policies, procedures and notices, please visit https://keeplearning.osu.edu/.
Guidance for student organizations - Columbus Campus.
Guidance for student organizations - Wooster Campus.
Review the Office of Student Life - Return to Campus Plan.
CFAES Common Areas for Students
Teaching and Instructional Support
what are some resources for online teaching?
Instructors can sign up now for Introduction to Teaching Online, a two-week course delivered in CarmenCanvas.
The course will introduce the key considerations for the online learning environment, including how to make decisions about course format and delivery, how to communicate with students, and how to foster student interaction and create engaging activities.
For the most up-to-date list of workshops from the Office of Distance Education and eLearning, visit the Keep Teaching website.
AAEA Teaching Resources
The Committee on Women in Agricultural Economics (CWAE) Communication Covid-19 On-Line Resources. https://drakeinstitute.osu.edu/instructor-support/how-are-you-teaching.
How You Can Work to Increase the Presence and Improve the Experience of Black, Latinx and Native American People in the Economics Profession" (Amanda Bayer, Gary Hoover, Ebonya Washington) https://economics.yale.edu/sites/default/files/files/Faculty/washington/bayer%20hoover%20washington%20march%202020.pdf.
The Council for Agricultural Science and Technology (CAST) and the Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA) have partnered together on a new paper, Economic Impacts of COVID-19 on Food and Agricultural Markets. This publication contains insights from 29 experts and is now available for download. https://www.cast-science.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/QTA2020-3-COVID-Impacts.pdf.
- Mary Roberts will be the initial contact for all questions regarding travel in AEDE.
- All travelers are highly encouraged to take the 4 travel training modules available in Buckeye Learn.
- Links on the Travel Website: https://busfin.osu.edu/buy-schedule-travel/travel under Tools & Resources. Each training module will take 20 minutes to complete.
- Business Travel Life Cycle Curriculum: This curriculum is primarily for travel arrangers and travelers who want more information regarding the business travel process. The modules are broken into steps of the travel life cycle. Learners are able to add all the modules to their transcript in one curriculum or complete the individual steps as needed.
- There are two options for initiating travel. Please plan to initiate travel well in advance—all travel needs to be authorized in the Workday system at least two weeks prior to travel:
- The traveler can initiate a spend authorization themselves (previously called a travel initiation) in Workday. Procedures for initiating a spend authorization in Workday are included in the trainings above, and through this Travel document.
- The traveler can complete this Spend Authorization Form Template and submit the template to Mary for entry.
- All travel booking should go through the CTP system.
- Similarly, there are two options for submitting a request for reimbursement:
- The traveler can submit the reimbursement request themselves, through Workday (Travel training module 4)
- The traveler can complete the Expense Report Form Template and submit to Mary.
Events and Meetings
2021 Agricultural policy and outlook conference
Register for the autumn, in-person Agricultural Policy and Outlook Conference. View recordings and access presentations of 2020-21 Agricultural Policy and Outlook Conference and Winter Outlooks.